The Bank is seeking to recruit a Technical Support Officer to join its Information Technology Unit.
If you are interested in joining the Bank’s team and satisfy the requirements outlined here, then we are interested in you.
Who we are
We are a leading financial institution and a key player in the Maltese market. Employing a team of more than 180 people, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be required to:
- perform daily core business systems and infrastructure operations by maintaining both hardware and software systems
- provide general IT Helpdesk support for all desktop systems (hardware & software) and provide on-site support to a number of remote sites
- support operations in the Bank’s data centres in line with maintenance and security requirements
- support the administration of the Bank’s network & systems, including the creation, maintenance and removal of users and access rights
- troubleshoot both physical and logical networks
- perform the Bank’s critical end of day batch processes, which may include evening and Saturday schedules
- perform the necessary backups and restore operations and other disaster recovery operations
- perform routine checks on various systems (networks, hardware and software) and maintain appropriate records of such checks
- share technical knowledge with other team members
- assist business end users on how to make effective use of their technological tools (to speed up problem resolution.
Competencies and experience
The potential candidate should also have a positive attitude, be well-organised, with a disposition to learn and a meticulous and team oriented approach to work.
You must also:
- have an MCAST/University Degree in an ICT are of specialisation
- have some working experience in an IT support role
- be familiar with RDBMs, ideally with MSSQL 2005 (MSSQL 2008) server or later, including some basic database administration
- be familiar with database reporting, ideally with MSRS
- have a good command of SQL scripting and development skills
- have a flair for database and/or software development
- be flexible and ready to learn banking processes and systems.
How to apply
If you want to be part of our team, we invite you to send us a detailed CV highlighting your achievements. Applications should reach the Bank only by email on firstname.lastname@example.org