The Bank is seeking to recruit an Executive to join its Internal Audit Unit.
If you are interested in joining the Bank’s team and you satisfy the requirements outlined here, then we are interested in you.
Who we are
We are a leading financial institution and a key player in the Maltese market. Employing a team of more than 180 people, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be required to:
- assist with the implementation of the annual audit plan by conducting a number of audit engagements;
- understand the processes and procedures associated with an audit engagement by conducting meetings with management and reading relevant documentation;
- prepare an audit programme in line with the established audit scopes;
- conduct audit testing procedures by evaluating, examining and reviewing internal processes and transactions;
- report the findings arising from the testing conducted in a formal audit report;
- carry out follow-up reviews and monitor the implementation of audit report recommendations;
- supervise junior team members in conducting assigned tasks and review their work;
- assist the Unit in any ad-hoc assignments which may arise; and
- assist with routine tasks and requests arising on a regular basis from the Group and/or internally.
Competencies and experience
You are a reliable and trustworthy team player with an aptitude for learning, able to work in a dynamic environment, meticulous and organised in your work.
You must also:
- have completed an ACCA qualification or are at an Advanced stage of completion (at least the fundamentals F1-F9), or possess a Bachelor degree in a financial services field or equivalent;
- have a minimum of 3 years' experience in an auditing area (both external and internal audit);
- be able to work both independently and within a team;
- possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and Maltese;
- have good analytical skills, organisational and supervisory skills and attention to detail;
- possess excellent Microsoft Office application skills especially Excel and Word; and
- previous experience of Banking processes and practices will be considered an asset.
How to apply
If you want to be part of our team, we invite you to send us a detailed CV highlighting your achievements. Applications should reach the Bank only by email on firstname.lastname@example.org